The beginning of Danish Supply Corporation dates back to 1925, when Jens Peder Lysholdt founded the company Jens Lysholdts Eftfl. A/S. Starting out as a local merchant in Esbjerg, Lysholdt soon discovered the potential to become the preferred provider of provisions to fishing vessels. Over the years, business expanded as the fishing industry in Esbjerg grew, including new business areas such as ship supply abroad and supply to the offshore oil and gas industry in the North Sea.
In 1988, Lysholdt acquired Harald Christiansen A/S in the Skaw and in 1990, Schierbeck Supply Services A/S with divisions in Kalundborg and Copenhagen was included. Then in 1996, Sophus E. Johnson in Aarhus was acquired and all companies were joined under the name, Danish Supply Corporation A/S.
In 1990, Danish Supply Corporation was acquired by Köpcke Ship Supply, which was one of the leading ship suppliers at the time. However, the foreign ownership was short and in 1998 the corporation was passed into Danish hands again when bought by Leif Hermansen and Kjeld Rishøj.
In July 2005, Danish Supply Corporation was acquired by Wrist Ship Supply and became a part of Wrist’s global network.